Monday, November 6, 2017

Final Project post 4

    Sanding done - check!
    Staining begun - check!
    Mirror removed - check!
    Electrical outlet moved - check!  (Thanks handy husband!)
    New mirror and framing purchased - check!

    My project is coming along.  Progress is happening a bit slower than anticipated, but I have 4 kids....so that is to be expected.  Nonetheless, the worst part is over.  I hate sanding! It is so messy!  Dust was EVERYWHERE!  The OCD part of me almost lost her sanity.  But, then she finished faster by using an electric sander and quickly grabbed a vacuum.  Whew!







 
    The mirror came loose much easier than expected, but was too heavy to lift so my husband did that before moving the outlet.  I like the new spot it resides in.  Must less obtrusive.  I can't wait to hang the mirror on the wall.  But I need to figure out exactly how I want to do that first.
Notice how he deftly rotated said outlet!?  
Also, notice that I did indeed properly prep walls and protect carpet with tape.


    The first coat of stain has been applied.  It certainly isn't pretty yet (very streaky looking), but I am going to trust the YouTube video and web tutorials and believe later coats of stain improve the look.  I created this list of helpful tips on canva.com.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent guidelines for using paint stripper gel. You are making great progress!

    ReplyDelete

Final Project Post!

   My vanity refinishing project is complete!  I think it looks even better than I had hoped it would six weeks ago when I decided to take o...